- “Secretary Granholm Shows The Joe Biden Administration Is Focused On Electric Vehicle Matters That Matter” • Secretary Jennifer Granholm gets it. She went on a great rant about this in a recent MSNBC interview. She also touched on other cleantech and energy matters that are of critical importance. You can watch her in a video. [CleanTechnica]
- “How BlackRock And Vanguard Can Advance The Net-Zero Emissions Movement” • The movement towards net-zero GHG emissions, is gaining traction, especially in finance. But to avoid the worst impacts of global warming, every organization in the field must have robust plans for shifting investment portfolios to net-zero by 2050 or sooner. [CleanTechnica]
- “Experts Predict Wind Costs Will Tumble” • Technology and commercial advancements are expected to continue to drive down the cost of wind energy, a survey indicated. The study by the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory of 140 global wind power experts found cost reductions of 17%-35% by 2035 and 37%-49% by 2050 are on the cards. [reNEWS]
- “Coal Financing Costs Surge As Investors Opt For Renewable Energy” • Coal financing costs have surged over the last decade as investors demand returns four times as high as the payoff required from renewable energy projects to justify the risk of investing in fossil fuels, as the world moves towards cleaner energy sources. [The Guardian]
- “Consensus Appears To Be Taking Root In Corporate America: What’s Good For The Environment Can Be Good For Business.” • Ahead of Earth Day and Biden’s climate summit, corporations have increased sustainability drives and made trillion-dollar climate pledges. CNN Business has the news from Corporate America’s environmental enlightenment. [CNN]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.