- “Biden Administration Announces Plans For Massive Expansion Of Wind Farms Off US Coasts” • The Biden administration is planning to expand US offshore wind energy capacity aggressively, potentially holding as many as seven new offshore lease sales by 2025. The Interior Department has already started lease sales for some areas. [CNN]
- “China Touts Massive Renewable Energy Buildout, New Funding For Biodiversity” • China has broken ground on a massive 100-GW renewable energy project, larger than all solar and wind installations in India combined, President Xi Jinping announced by video link, at the UN Biodiversity Conference in Kunming, China. [Yale E360]
- “Home Heating Costs Will Rise Sharply This Winter, Federal Government Forecasts” • Compared with last winter, American households will spend 54% more for propane, 43% more for home heating oil, 30% more for natural gas, and 6% more for electric heating, the US Energy Information Administration said in a new report. [CNN]
- “Cities Must Consider Flexible Transit Options Before The Next Pandemic” • With pandemic and climate change, a demand for new public transport is emerging – flexible, affordable, and capable of carrying many passengers while avoiding pushing them into large crowds. Unitsky String Technologies has transit designs that can do that. [CleanTechnica]
- “Most People Have Already Felt The Effects Of Climate Change” • Research published in Nature Climate Change suggests that 85% of all human beings have already felt the impact of climate change in various forms of extreme weather. The study used machine learning to review over 100,000 studies of events linked to climate change. [CleanTechnica]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.