- “Hurricane Warnings Posted For Long Island, Southern New England As Henri Looks To Make Landfall Sunday” • As Tropical Storm Henri moved north through the Atlantic on Friday night, hurricane warnings were posted from New York’s Long Island to Rhode Island and a tropical storm warning was issued for New York City. [CNN]
- “Offshore Wind Would Help Save California $1 Billion” • Offshore wind electricity could bring employment gains, cost savings, carbon dioxide reductions, and improve the stability of California’s electric grid according to a study from the USC Schwarzenegger Institute, “California’s Offshore Wind Electric Opportunity.” [reNEWS]
- “Vistra Completes Expansion Of Battery Energy Storage System At Its Flagship California Facility” • Vistra completed construction on Phase II of its Moss Landing Energy Storage Facility. The system is now storing and releasing power for California’s grid. The facility’s capacity of 400 MW, 1,600 MWh makes it the largest of its kind. [Yahoo Finance]
- “US Will Oppose Fossil Fuel Projects At Development Banks” • The Biden administration released new guidance that will lead the US to oppose financing fossil fuel projects at the Multilateral Development Banks. Under the new guidance US will support financing fossil fuel projects by such international banks only under extremely rare circumstances. [NRDC]
- “States Take The Lead On Renewables In 2021” • While federal leaders continue deliberations on how to build a cleaner, healthier future, states are making strides to advance renewable energy, according to a new roundup of state legislative highlights from Environment America’s report, “The United States of Clean Energy, Summer 2021.” [Solar Industry]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.