- “NY Governor Cuomo Unleashes New Electric Bus Initiatives” • Governor Andrew M Cuomo announced a series of initiatives to increase the number of electric buses in the state of New York. The new initiatives include $16.4 million in incentives for the expansion of electric bus usage amongst public transportation authorities. [CleanTechnica]
- “Norsepower To Install First Rotorsails On Bulk Carrier” • Norsepower, a company that builds modernized sails to reduce fuel consumption and emissions on ships, got an order to install five of its Rotorsails on a bulk carrier in 2021. This is the first order for a bulk carrier, and the company’s sixth installation since founding in 2012. [CleanTechnica]
- “Germany Commits To 65% Renewable Power By 2030” • 65% of Germany’s total electricity demand will be met by renewable power within the next decade, according to a revision to the country’s renewable energy law passed last week by the German parliament. This came after the EU adopted a new goal earlier this month of 55% by 2030. [Forbes]
- “Record Electric Vehicle Sales In Europe!” • Despite the overall automotive market being in the doghouse, down 14% year over year, Europe’s passenger plugin market is on fire, having scored a record 166,000 registrations in November (up 198% from last year). That placed last month’s plugin share at 16% share, and 8% were full electric. [CleanTechnica]
- “Wyoming Coal Producer Reaches $1.5 Billion Deal With Creditors” • St Louis-based Peabody Energy Corp, the largest thermal coal producer in Wyoming’s Powder River Basin, has announced an agreement with its creditors to refinance $459 million of debt, potentially staving off a second bankruptcy in five years. [mybighornbasin]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.