- “The Resistance: In The President’s Relentless War On Climate Science, They Fought Back” • The scientists’ efforts were often unseen and sometimes unsuccessful. But over four years, they mounted a guerilla defense that kept pressure on the Trump Administration. Here is a story about how they fought back, keeping science alive. [InsideClimate News]
- “It May Be Too Late To Save The World’s Largest Lake From Climate Change” • The largest inland body of water on Earth, the Caspian Sea, is declining precipitously, a study published in Communications Earth & Environment says. Scientists warn it will fall 9 to 18 meters (30 to 59 feet) by the end of the century, if emissions continue to rise. [ScienceAlert]
- “Manmade Microplastics Found In Human Placenta For First Time” • Raman microspectroscopy detected microplastics in a study of human placentas. The researchers analyzed placentas from six healthy women after they gave birth and found 12 microplastic fragments in four of them, ranging from 5 to 10 micrometers in size. [CleanTechnica]
- “Elon Musk’s 3 Core Tesla Messages This Year, From Numerous Public And Private Statements” • Tesla CEO Elon Musk has tweeted more than 3,000 times this year. We at CleanTechnica follow his tweets closely, and by analyzing them collected three core messages from Elon this year. They focus on the team, engineering, and manufacture. [CleanTechnica]
- “In 2018, The California AG Created An Environmental Justice Bureau. It’s Become A Trendsetter” • Attorney General Xavier Becerra launched the Environmental Justice Bureau within the Environmental Division of his office in February 2018. It has been so effective in the short time since that it is being copied in other states. [InsideClimate News]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.