- “We Need A Total Fossil Fuel Lockdown For A Climate Revolution” • Growth in renewable power has been impressive, but too little is happening in heating, cooling, and transport. The journey towards climate disaster continues, unless we make an immediate switch to renewable energy in all sectors in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic. [UN Environment]
- “Hydrogen Fuel Economy Is Finally Going Mainstream” • Hydrogen power has been on the market for decades but has never really been able to break the glass ceiling of mass-market appeal, mainly due to a host of technical and cost issues. Now, however, some experts believe that the hydrogen fuel economy has finally reached a tipping point. [OilPrice.com]
- “New NC Climate Change Report Says The Time To Act Is Now” • The coronavirus pandemic has North Carolina in its grip, our economy is in tatters, and protesters are crying out for racial justice. Now comes more bleak news in the form of a 372-page report titled “North Carolina Climate Risk Assessment and Resilience Plan.” [North Carolina Health News]
- “Clean Energy Loses Another 27,000 Jobs In May” • As the US Congress begins debating economic stimulus support for the energy industry, a new analysis of unemployment data shows the biggest part of America’s energy economy – clean energy – lost another 27,000 jobs in May. In total, over 620,500 clean energy workers have lost their jobs. [Solar Power World]
- “New West Texas Wind Farm Supplies Power To Rhode Island And Beyond” • In Rhode Island, Brown University is getting its renewable energy from a West Texas wind farm. So is the home improvement emporium Lowe’s of North Carolina, tax software maker Intuit of California, and industrial cleaning products company Ecolab of Minnesota. [Houston Chronicle]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.