- “GE Turns Up Haliade-X Prototype To 13 MW” • GE Renewable Energy has begun operations of its Haliade-X turbine prototype optimised with a 13 MW power output. In the coming months the prototype will undergo a series of tests to perform different types of measurements and obtain its type certificate in the coming months. [reNEWS]
- “‘Pipe Dream That Kills Birds’ Or ‘Good-Paying Jobs’: Trump And Biden Clash Over Wind” • The policy chasm on renewable energy between Donald Trump and Joe Biden was clear, as the President labelled wind turbines “a pipe dream” that cause more emissions than gas, while Biden hailed the sector as America’s fastest-growing source of jobs. [Recharge]
- “UBS Predicts EV Price Parity In 2024” • UBS analyst Tim Bush recently told The Guardian, “There are not many reasons left to buy an ICE car after 2025.” The key factor will be the reduction of battery prices below $100/kWh, which Bush expects to happen in 2022. And the price premium for a car powered by a battery will disappear completely by 2024. [CleanTechnica]
- “Huge $50 Billion Pilbara Green Hydrogen Hub Granted Major Project Status” • A plan to build a massive renewable energy hydrogen project of up to 26 GW of wind and solar capacity in Western Australia’s Pilbara region is set to enjoy a fast-tracked approvals process, after securing ‘major project status’ from the federal government. [RenewEconomy]
- “NextEra Energy: Renewables Powering Q3 Growth” • NextEra Energy and its affiliate NextEra Energy Partners have announced Q3 results and delivered guidance. The common thread for both companies is they ignited robust underlying earnings growth by deploying new renewable energy generating capacity, despite pandemic-related pressures. [Forbes]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.