- “Biden Administration Outlines The ‘America The Beautiful’ Initiative” • In a clean break from the anti-nature politics and policies of the previous administration, the new Biden-Harris administration has begun to outline a different vision for how the US can work collaboratively to conserve and restore public lands, waters and wildlife. [New American Journal]
- “Inside Kenya’s Small-Scale Renewable Energy Revolution” • Demand for solar energy in Kenya has risen over the past few years as ratepayers turn to it to beat the high cost of electricity. Kenya Power said industrial customers accounting for nearly 55% of its sales revenues have begun generating their own electricity using solar power. [Construction Kenya]
- “US Passes Emergency Waiver Over Fuel Pipeline Cyber-Attack” • The US government issued emergency legislation after the largest fuel pipeline in the US was completely shut down by a ransomware cyber-attack. The Colonial Pipeline carries 2.5 million barrels a day – 45% of the East Coast’s supply of diesel, gasoline, and jet fuel. [BBC]
- “Legacy Auto Paid To Advertise EVs On SNL Last Night, While Tesla’s Elon Musk Hosted” • In a move that proves that Tesla is the leader of the auto industry in at least one sense, legacy automakers – Ford, Audi, and VW scrambled to get some EV advertising on Saturday Night Live last night. And Lucid joined them in this endeavor. [CleanTechnica]
- “Asian Development Bank To End Financing Of Coal, Oil, And Gas” • The Asian Development Bank may stop financing new coal-fired power capacity, as well as oil and gas exploration and production, according to a draft policy statement. The draft will be deliberated by ADBs board of directors in October. Critics say the policy is already ten years late. [Energy Voice]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.