- “Wisk Aero And Blade Urban Air Mobility Join Forces To Make Electric Air Taxis A Reality” • In a further step towards making electric air taxis a reality, eVTOL startup Wisk Aero, which is backed by both Boeing and Kitty Hawk, formed a partnership with Blade Urban Air Mobility to send a fleet of 30 eVTOLs up into the air. [CleanTechnica]
- “Vermont Electric Plans For Carbon Neutrality By 2023, 100% Renewable Energy By 2030” • Vermont Electric Cooperative plans to reach carbon neutrality by 2023 and transition fully to renewable energy sources by 2030, it announced last month. Member enthusiasm and state climate goals were cited as reasons for change. [The Middlebury Campus]
- “China Leads In Renewable Energy Capacity At 895 GW” • The world’s total installed renewable energy amounted to almost 2,800 GW in 2020. China has an installed renewable energy capacity of 895 GW, the Warsaw Business Journal reports citing data by TradingPlatforms.com. The next on the list is the US with a distant 292 GW. [Budapest Business Journal]
- “Senate Passes Natural Gas Innovation Act To Increase Renewable Energy Resources” • In Minnesota, the Natural Gas Innovation Act passed in the Senate with bipartisan support, 53-14. It establishes a regulatory framework for the state’s natural gas utilities to provide customers with access to renewable energy resources. [Minnesota Senate Republican Caucus]
- “Rooftop Solar Power Comes With Huge “Soft” Benefit Over Utility-Scale Power – Oodles Of Jobs!” • Any policymaker should love creating jobs, and as John Farrell pointed out, rooftop solar power creates nearly 30 times more jobs than utility-scale solar power for the same money. That could be hundreds of thousands of more jobs in a region. [CleanTechnica]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.