- “This Supplement Can Reduce Methane In Cows And Make Farmers Money” • Cattle farming accounts for nearly 10% of all greenhouse gases generated by human activity. Most of that is from methane they produce, but a new feed supplement based on garlic and citrus extracts could reduce those emissions by an average of 30%, its makers say. [CNN]
- “Highview Power Developing 2 GWh Spanish Storage Project” • Highview Power is developing up to 2 GWh of long duration, liquid air energy storage projects across Spain. With an estimated investment of around $1 billion (€0.81 billion), these projects should enable several Spanish regions to move towards their net zero emissions target. [reNEWS]
- “International Energy Agency Says Oil And Gas Exploration And Coal Plant Construction Must Stop Now” • The International Energy Agency said in a wide-ranging report that countries must immediately stop exploiting new oil and gas fields and building coal-fired power plants, if global temperatures are to be kept within safe limits. [CleanTechnica]
- “The Future Of Lamborghini Is Electric – Hybrid And 100% EV Models Announced” • Rather than dismissing the advantages of electrification, Automobili Lamborghini is embracing it. The company has unveiled a vision for the future that includes gas/electric hybrid models in the near term as well as a 100% electric super sports car. [CleanTechnica]
- “‘What More Can You Do To Us?’: Flooding Swamps South Central USA” • The National Weather Service said more than 30 million people are threatened by flooding this week across parts of Texas, Louisiana, Oklahoma and Arkansas. Accuweather called the event “historic.” Lake Charles, Louisiana, saw 12 to 15 inches of rain in a 12-hour period. [MSN]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.