- “Cities Should Be At Heart Of America’s Infrastructure And Economic Recovery” • A report from Bloomberg Philanthropies and RMI found that placing local governments at the center of our recovery gives the US its best chance for our climate and economy. President Biden’s proposed $2 trillion infrastructure plan can accomplish that. [CleanTechnica]
- “Climate Change Challenges Trout Industry In North Carolina” • North Carolina ranks second in trout production nationally, producing 5 million pounds of trout annually. The trout industry supports thousands of jobs in the state. But the trout need cold, clean, oxygen-rich water to survive, and the supply of that water is threatened by climate change. [The Mountaineer]
- “RMI Shows The ‘How To’ Of Limiting U.S. Warming To 1.5°C” • RMI is unveiling a series of resources that provide analysis and guidance for how the US can align its economy to limit warming to less than 1.5°C. The first two reports will help policymakers, corporations, and other stakeholders balance near-term actions and longer-term planning. [CleanTechnica]
- “AOC, Markey Introduce Civilian Climate Corps Bill To Revive New Deal Era Program” • A plan for a Civilian Climate Corps, to employ 1.5 million Americans through conservation projects, was introduced by Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (NY-14) and Senator Ed Markey (MA). The Depression-era Civilian Conservation Corps served as a model. [CleanTechnica]
- “European Demand For Renewable Energy Grows 8% Despite COVID” • Despite alarming predictions, the market demand for renewables has continued to grow at a steady pace during 2020. The impact of lower industrial activity as a result of Covid-19 has been limited, and the European thirst for renewable energy capacity seems unstoppable. [T&D World]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.