- “The Soil Carbon Sink Doesn’t Grow With Atmospheric CO₂, Study Finds” • Soil’s capacity to store carbon may be less than previously thought, a study published in Nature says. The amount of carbon stored in soil is approximately triple that stored in living plants, but as rising CO₂ levels increase plant growth, soil carbon storage decreases. [CleanTechnica]
- “New Flyer Announces Improved Electric Bus, More Sales” • New Flyer, an established manufacturer of electric buses, has announced a new and improved electric bus. It is the Xcelsior CHARGE NG, which lighter, more efficient, and has longer range than its previous buses. The new bus achieves this with three technological improvements. [CleanTechnica]
- “Senate Democrats To Nullify Trump Methane Rollbacks With CRA” • Senate Democrats plan to nullify Trump administration rollbacks of methane regulations via the Congressional Review Act. The relatively obscure process can reinstate important Obama era methane regulations through a simple majority vote in the Senate. [CleanTechnica]
- “Biden Invites Putin And Xi To First Climate Change Summit Of His Presidency” • The autocratic leaders of Russia and China have been invited to President Biden’s first major round of climate talks next month, he announced Friday, signaling that he plans to take a big tent approach to address the spiraling crisis of global warming. [msnNow]
- “UK Can Power Transport Entirely With Renewables If Used Efficiently” • The UK will have enough renewable resources to meet demand for transport in 2050, T&E analysis finds. But this is only possible if it reserves the use of e-fuels for shipping and aviation, as use of e-fuels for road vehicles impractical in terms of the electricity it needs. [CleanTechnica]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.