- “Texas Passes Reforms To Winterize Power Infrastructures” • Texas lawmakers completed the final version of Senate Bill 3, in response to the outages that resulted during the deadly February winter storms. It aims to bolster Texas’ electricity infrastructure and require power plants to be prepared for extreme weather conditions. [Engineering News-Record]
- “Fiat Plans To Go All In On Electric Cars By 2030″ • According to Autocar, Fiat boss Olivier François announced, “Between 2025 and 2030, our product lineup will gradually become electric only.” This, folks, is big news. EVs aren’t just for the wealthy any more. They are for everyday transportation for everyday people who do everyday things. [CleanTechnica]
- “Fire Killed 1 In 10 Of Earth’s Most Fire-Resilient Monarch Sequoias In 2020” • The Visalia Times-Delta obtained a draft National Park Service report that puts a number on the Castle Fire’s climate-fueled toll. Between 7,500 and 10,000 monarch sequoias, 10% to 14% of the world’s mature sequoia population, perished in the fire. [CleanTechnica]
- “Ford Maverick Signals That The Industry Is Changing For The Better” • People have been asking manufacturers to make small trucks again. Ford is answering that call with a new compact pickup truck, the Maverick. This signals not only the return of smaller trucks, but an opportunity for electric trucks to thrive in this segment eventually. [CleanTechnica]
- “Royal Mail’s Newest Delivery Office Will Have An All-Electric Fleet” • Royal Mail announced the launch of its first 100% electric Delivery Office. The Bristol East Central Delivery Office recently had its 23 diesel delivery and collection vans replaced by fully electric ones. The electricity powering the office and charging the vehicles is 100% renewable. [CleanTechnica]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.