- “Rolls-Royce Attempting 100% Electric Aircraft Speed Record, Jaguar I-PACE Offering Ground Support” • Rolls-Royce has been a familiar name in the very early electric aircraft market. Its fully electric aircraft, Spirit of Innovation, is about to attempt a new top speed record for an electric aircraft. It is aiming to fly at over 300 mph (480 km/h). [CleanTechnica]
- “G20 Urged To ‘Get Serious About Renewables'” • Officers from companies in the wind industry, including Ørsted, Siemens Gamesa, and Vestas called on G20 members to show leadership in the climate crisis by raising national ambitions and urgently laying out concrete plans for increased wind energy production to replace fossil fuels. [reNEWS]
- “Tesla Model 3 Is The Number 1 Electric Car In Germany In June” • The German plugin vehicle market scored over 64,000 registrations last month, with sales rising fast. Plug-in hybrid car sales were up 191%, year over year, to 31,314. Battery electric vehicle sales were up 312% YOY to 33,420 cars. Last month’s plugin share ended at 24%. [CleanTechnica]
- “BBC: Electric Cars Will Be “Biggest Revolution In Motoring” Since 1913″ • Many observers forecast a transition to electric cars much sooner than expected. Now, BBC is joining the fray. “What makes the end of the internal combustion engine inevitable is a technological revolution. And technological revolutions tend to happen very quickly.” [CleanTechnica]
- “How We’re Getting More Solar On Rooftops Across The Country” • The US goal of decarbonizing the power sector by 2035 implies a need to green the grid rapidly. To reach that goal, we need to install more rooftop solar PV systems. Unfortunately, we are still in the dark ages when it comes to permitting. A new program, SolarAPP+, addresses that. [CleanTechnica]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.