- “Amazon Greening German Cities, Volkswagen Reforesting Australia” • The global economy, our increasingly integrated global society, is an interesting phenomenon. Amazon, based in the US, committed to greening cities in Germany by planting a lot of trees and bushes there. Now, Volkswagen Group, based in Germany, is reforesting Australia. [CleanTechnica]
- “PacifiCorp Opens 4.3-Gigawatt Renewables And Storage Procurement” • PacifiCorp is soliciting bids for up to 4.3 GW of solar, wind, and battery storage projects, part of a massive clean-energy growth plan that will open the utility’s six-state territory to third-party renewable energy developers. Projects must be operating by the end of 2024. [Greentech Media]
- “Massachusetts Expands EV Rebates To Nonprofits, Business Fleets” • Massachusetts took a big step forward by including nonprofits and business fleets in the state’s electric vehicle incentives. The move hopes to maximize the environmental impact of the EV incentive program during a time when the economy has slowed. [CleanTechnica]
- “‘Coal Has No Place In Covid-19 Recovery Plans,’ Says UN Chief” • UN Secretary General Antonio Guterres urged countries to stop financing the coal industry, to deliver a sustainable future following the pandemic. “Coal has no place in Covid-19 recovery plans,” he said during an online summit hosted by the International Energy Agency. [CNN]
- “EU Must Reach 100% Renewables By 2040 In Order To Reach Net Zero Economy By 2050” • The European Union must greatly increase its climate ambition if it is to achieve climate neutrality by 2050 and meet targets set by the Paris Agreement and the European Green Deal, according to a report from the German Institute for Economic Research. [RenewEconomy]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.