- “More Than 8,000 GE Renewable Energy Onshore Wind Turbines” • In November, GE passed a milestone. Over 8,000 GE Renewable Energy onshore wind turbines stand in 23 US states and 10 other countries. The 2-MW turbines alone have 20 GW of installed capacity worldwide, enough to power the equivalent of 12.9 million homes around the world. [REVE]
- “Worried About Earth’s Future? Well, The Outlook Is Worse Than Even Scientists Can Grasp” • A research paper published this week reviews over 150 studies to produce a stark summary of the state of the natural world. It says that future environmental conditions will be far more dangerous than experts currently believe. [Red, Green, and Blue] (But please remember the article on Michael Mann that appeared yesterday. It said we can recover faster than they thought.)
- “Biden Says His Advisers Will Lead With ‘Science And Truth'” • President-elect Joe Biden has introduced his slate of scientific advisers with the promise that they would summon “science and truth” to combat the coronavirus pandemic, climate crisis and other challenges. “Science is discovery. It’s not fiction,” Biden said. “It’s also about hope.” [Daily Herald]
- “Oil Industry Reconsiders Donations To Election Deniers – But Has Its Own Big Lie” • In the wake of last week’s rebellion, oil and gas companies are reviewing political donations. In many ways, they laid the groundwork for the widespread acceptance of lies big enough to cause an existential threat not only to democracy, but to humanity. [The Intercept]
- “US Auto Sales Down 2,592,185 (15%) In 2020, Tesla Up 9%” • With Covid-19, the US auto market took a whipping in 2020. Overall, US auto sales were down by 2,592,185, or 15%, last year. Only three automakers saw their year-over-year sales increase from 2019 to 2020 – Volvo and Alfa Romeo were each up 2%, while Tesla was up 9%. [CleanTechnica]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.