- “New York Governor Outlines Major Renewable Energy Plans” • New York Gov Andrew M Cuomo unveiled a host of initiatives to add renewable energy, build transmission, and boost the clean energy economy. He said the green energy program create more than 50,000 jobs, and spur $29 billion in private investment all across the state. [pv magazine USA]
- “Equinor And BP To Deliver 2.5-G W Offshore Wind Power To New York State” • Equinor and partner BP have been selected to provide close to 2.5 GW of offshore wind power to the state of New York, in the latest renewables solicitation. Equinor and BP will develop 1,260-MW Empire Wind 2 project and the 1,230-MW Beacon Wind 1 project. [Power Technology]
- “Top Scientists Warn Of ‘Ghastly Future’ For Planet As Leaders Underestimate Ecological Threats” • A team of seventeen leading scientists cautioned that the future of the planet is “more dire and dangerous than is generally understood.” They warned that unless world leaders face up to the challenge and act urgently our survival is threatened. [CNN]
- “Invenergy Completes Financing For Texan Solar Site” • Invenergy has completed construction financing for the first phase of the 1,310-MW Samson Solar Energy Center in northeast Texas. Located in Lamar, Red River, and Franklin Counties, the $1.6 billion project is under construction and will commence operation in five phases. [reNEWS]
- “Report: Raimondo’s 2030 Renewables Goal Achievable” • Rhode Island Gov Gina Raimondo’s goal is to get all of the state’s power supply from wind, solar and other clean energy sources by the end of the decade. It may be the most aggressive goal in the nation, but it is achievable, a report by the state Office of Energy Resources concludes. [The Providence Journal]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.