Vermont Public Service Department Announces Fourth Meeting of Solar Siting Task Force
Montpelier, Vermont – The fourth meeting of the Solar Siting Task Force will take place on Tuesday, November 3, 2015 from 10:00 am – 12:00 p.m. in Room 11 of the Vermont State House, 115 State Street, Montpelier, Vermont. The Solar Siting Task Force was created in Act 56 of the 2014-2015 legislative session. Details on the membership, duties, and timeframe of the Task Force can be found in Act 56, Sec. 26g.
The draft agenda for the November 3, 2015 meeting is listed below. The remaining meetings of the Solar Siting Task Force will occur as follows:
Friday, November 13, 2015 from 1:00 – 3:00 PM in Room 11 of the Vermont State House
Thursday, December 3, 2015 from 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM in Room 10 of the Vermont State House
Thursday, December 17, 2015 from 1:00 – 3:00 PM in Room 10 of the Vermont State House
Solar Siting Task Force November 3, 2015 Draft Meeting Agenda
I. Welcome and Overview of Agenda and Discussion of Future Meetings (5 mins)
- Commissioner Recchia
II. Approval of 10/22/15 Minutes (5 mins)
III. Town Insights Panel (35 mins)
- Jeannine McCrumb, Charlotte Town Planner
- Ron Bouchard, Shelburne Planning Commission
- Peter Rothschild, New Haven Planning Commission
- Randolph, representative TBD
IV. Solar Developer Insights Panel (35 mins)
- Tom Garden, Triland Partners
- Rod Viens, GroSolar
- Luke Shullenberger, Green Lantern Development
- Nathanial Vandal, Green Peak Solar
V. Frame Key Issues for the Task Force Report (20 mins)
- The “homework assignment” for this meeting for Task Force members was to offer a suggested list of priority solar siting issues and solutions.
- The Task Force will collect these suggestions, preparing an initial list of key issues pertaining to the siting, design, and regulatory review of solar electric generation facilities.
- This list will help frame agendas for remaining meetings and may provide the organizing framework for proposing a productive action by the Vermont legislature.
VI. Public Comments (20 mins)
VII. Other Business
VIII. Wrap Up
All meetings of the Solar Siting Task Force are open to the public.