- “Sustainable Marine Unveils Floating Tidal Energy Platform” • Sustainable Marine is set to deliver the world’s first floating tidal energy array with its next-generation platform in Nova Scotia. Construction of the 420-kW PLAT-I 6.40 floating tidal energy platform has recently been completed and it was launched in the Bay of Fundy. [Renewable Energy Magazine]
- “US Set To Add More Than 170 GW Of Renewable Energy Capacity By 2024” • Newly released data by S&P Global Market Intelligence found that the US is on track to add 172.5 GW of renewable energy capacity through 2024. That total is comprised of 96.8 GW from solar power projects and 75.7 GW from wind power projects. [ThomasNet News]
- “New Flyer Xcelsior AV Is America’s First Autonomous Bus” • American bus manufacturer New Flyer recently took the wraps off an all-new battery-electric model it’s calling the Xcelsior AV. The thing that makes this bus special, however, isn’t what’s under the Xcelsior AV’s hood. Rather, it’s what’s behind the steering wheel: nothing. [CleanTechnica]
- “Piper Sandler: Tesla Is Worth Over $1 Trillion” • An analyst at Piper Sandler, Alexander Potter, has raised his price target of Buy-rated Tesla stock by over 130% to $1,200, a report in Barron’s says. That is up from a $515 target set in September when Tesla’s shares were trading around $440. At $1,200, Tesla would be worth $1.1 trillion. [CleanTechnica]
- “Hanover Votes To Join Municipal Energy Coalition To Cut Electricity Costs; Lebanon May Follow Suit” • Officials in Lebanon and Hanover, New Hampshire, are leading efforts to form a coalition of towns and cities that would offer lower-cost and environmentally friendly power to residents across the Granite State. [Valley News]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.