- “Offshore Wind Adds 8 GW In ‘Stellar’ 2020” • Global offshore wind capacity installed in 2020 exceeded 8 GW, beating previous records, according to research from the Renewables Consulting Group. RCG’s database found the total capacity for offshore wind added last year reached 8,370 MW. The previous record of 6,438 MW was set in 2018. [reNEWS]
- “South Africa To Launch Three Qualification Cycles For Production Of 6,800 MW Of Renewable Energy” • The South African government is to launch three qualification cycles for a total of 6,800 MW of renewable energy. The first is expected to start in February. It will seek proposals for 2,600 MW of solar and wind power. [Construction Review]
- “UK Renewable Energy Sets New Record In 2020” • Last year was a record year for renewable energy in the UK, at almost 42% of the country’s electricity, according to research conducted for Drax Electric Insights. Clean power generated for the first time more electricity than fossil fuels, which accounted for 39.6%, the research said. [reNEWS]
- “Biden Sets The Stage For An Offshore Wind Energy Boom” • The U-turn of energy policies under the Biden administration sets the stage for a flourishing US offshore wind industry, as the federal government looks to speed up environmental reviews to make offshore wind a significant contributor to the new clean energy goals. [OilPrice.com]
- “Bromley Mountain Ski Resort Announces Plans For New Solar Array” • Encore Renewable Energy, Bromley Mountain Ski Resort, and Tangent Energy Solutions announced plans to develop and build a 615-kW (DC) solar project on land owned by Bromley Mountain in Peru, Vermont. Sunwealth will own and operate the system. [Renewable Energy Magazine]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.