Feb. 3 & 4, 2016
Efficiency Vermont’s Better Building by Design (BBD) Conference and Trade Show is coming right up – on Feb. 3 & 4, 2016, at the Sheraton Burlington Hotel & Conference Center in South Burlington, Vermont!
This is an incredible event that you don’t want to miss. Be sure to click HERE, or on their ad in our right column to learn more.
BBD 2016 event will welcome Vermont’s own, Bill McKibben, who is one of the founders of 350.org McKibben will be presenting the Keynote Address at 8:30 am on Wednesday.
After a break at 10 am, the Workshops will begin. Be sure to check their website for time and dates for each of these workshops HERE. Here is a list of the 42 Workshops scheduled for this important event:
- Best Practice Designs for Cost-Effective Approaches to Net-Zero Energy Commercial Building Enclosures
- Passive for the Masses — Tunneling Through the Cost Barrier through Innovative Design and Production Methods
- Using Standards and Technology to Create Efficiency in Energy Data Management
- Energy Efficiency Strategies for Complex Projects—the Case of the Waterbury State Office Complex
- Multiple Measure Efficiency Projects—Maximizing Returns for Commercial Buildings
- The Economics of Net Zero
- The Challenges of Creating the Perfect Conditions for Proper Machine Processing of Polyurethane Foam
- Are You Picking Up What Your Building Is Laying Down? Getting the Vibe from Smart Grid and Sub-metering Data
- Making LED Upgrades Easy: Moving from T8 to LED + Controls
- Design Phase Commissioning – the Advantage of Quality Assurance Before Construction
- Balancing Resiliency—Resilient River Apartment
- State of the Art—High-Performance Natural Building for Cold Climates
- What We’re Learning about Mechanical Systems in Low-Load Homes
- Is It LEDs All the Way? What Architects, Specifiers, and Installers Need to Know
- Why Energy-Efficient Buildings Are Healthy Buildings
- Owning the Air: Controlling and Verifying Commercial Building Airtightness
- Combining Beauty, Craftsmanship, and Energy Efficiency—Presenting Three Just-Big-Enough Houses
- LEA Lake Science Center—Preservation and Energy Efficiency
- What We’re Learning in Net-Zero Energy Homes
- High-Performance Glazing and Historic Considerations
- Energy Models Versus Reality—Where Did Your Savings Go?
- Glare Matters—How to Control It
- Affordable Passive House Commercial Buildings—Secrets Revealed
- Whole Building Energy Efficiency—a Look at the Energy Champ Challenge in Burlington
- Interstitial Cavities—Pathways to the Unknown in Your Retrofit
- An Introduction to OLEDs—the Other Solid-State Lighting Technology
- Taming the 900-Pound Gorilla: Using Integrated Design to Create a Net-Zero Dining Hall
- Achieving Net-Zero Energy Affordably Today—The Modular Housing Innovation Project
- Innovative Opportunities for Financing Energy Efficiency Upgrades
- Multifamily Retrofits—the Path Forward for Multifamily Efficiency Programs
- Evaluating Heat Pump Efficiency
- Indoor Environmental Quality and Energy Performance of 21 Vermont Homes
- Keys to Marketing High-Performance Homes
- The State of the Art—Present-Day Building Automation Systems (BAS)
- Building Enclosure Commissioning (BECx) at the Waterbury State Office Complex—Lessons Learned from the Perspectives of Architect, Builder, and Commissioning Agent
- Commercial Net Zero–Design and Construction Lessons Learned through Efficiency Vermont’s Commercial Net Zero Pilot Program, Part 1
- All About Windows
- Designing for Performance—A Data-Driven Approach to Complete Building Performance
- Better Than Before—HVAC System Improvements via Engineered Retrofits
- Commercial Net Zero–Design and Construction Lessons Learned through Efficiency Vermont’s Commercial Net Zero Pilot Program, Part 2
- How to Build High-Performance Homes for Less Than $150/Square Foot
- Passive House Strategies—Outside the Box
And you won’t want to miss their impressive Best of the Best Awards that will be given out to many deserving candidates for their outstanding efforts and achievements. The are leading the way to a sustainable, energy-efficient future.
It’s hard to believe that BBD can offer all of this in the two-day event. Green Energy Times hopes to see you there. To learn more click HERE.