- “Solar Jobs, Solar Installations, And Homes Powered by Solar in Top 10 US Solar States” • Here is a look at the numbers of solar jobs, solar installations, homes in the state solar powers, and percent of the state’s electricity coming from solar for the top ten states in terms of solar power per capita. Two of the top ten states are in New England. [CleanTechnica]
- “Massive 853-Foot-Tall Wind Turbines Are Coming To The East Coast” • The Vineyard Wind 1 project’s colossal Haliade-X turbines are the world’s largest and most powerful. They will stand 853 ft (260 m) high, as tall as an 85-story building, with a 722-foot (220 m) rotor. Because of their size, they capture 45% more energy than other turbines. [New Atlas]
- “Climate Change Threatens ‘Most Alps Glaciers'” • Up to 92% of glaciers in the Alps could be lost by the end of the century due to climate change, say researchers from Aberystwyth University. The university’s research covers the entire European Alps region and is based on 200 years of climate records and forecasts that cover 1901 to 2100. [BBC]
- “UK’s First Electric-Only Car Charging Station Opens For Business” • The UK’s first all-electric car charging station has opened, marking a milestone in the country’s transition away from fossil fuels. The station is operated by Gridserve, and is the first of more than 100 locations the company plans to build over the next five years. [The Verge]
- “MHI Vestas Rolls Out 500th Nacelle At Lindo” • MHI Vestas produced the 500th nacelle for its V164 turbine line at its Lindo facility in Denmark. The company said the unit has been rolled out of the factory in preparation for installation in UK waters in 2021. The MHI Vestas Lindo facility has been producing V164 nacelles since 2014. [reNEWS]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.