- “BYD Delivers 246 eBuses To Keolis In The Netherlands” • BYD has just delivered the initial 246 all-electric buses of the Europe’s largest ever electric bus order to the transit company Keolis for routes in the Netherlands. The order was placed in December of 2019. The buses were built in a BYD assembly facility in Hungary. BYD also has a facility in France. [InsideEVs]
- “Unlike Trump, Biden Believes In Climate Change – And His Nominees Prove It” • President-elect Joe Biden will restore to the presidency a belief that humans cause climate change. Biden made his commitment to science abundantly clear when he announced who he nominated for his economic, health, and environment teams. [CNN]
- “Zero Emissions At Zero Cost? CleanTech Leads The Way” • A new McKinsey & Company report, “How the European Union Could Achieve Net-Zero Emissions at Net-Zero Cost,” lays out a societally cost-optimal pathway to the EU’s emissions targets. The transition could have net-zero cost and produce a net gain of 5 million jobs. [CleanTechnica]
- “Formula 1 Makes Switch To Biofuel, Will Be Carbon Neutral In 2021” • Many people consider Formula 1 to be at the pinnacle of motorsport. It has the most advanced racing cars push the limits of automotive technology. Now, Formula 1 is leading with a 100% sustainable, bio-waste derived fuel and a commitment to be carbon neutral in 2021. [CleanTechnica]
- “Americans Are Strongly Interested In Electric Cars, Says Consumer Reports” • Over the years, Consumer Reports has conducted surveys showing how Americans feel about EVs. In its most recent survey, 71% said they would consider buying an electric car at some point in the future. That’s up from about 3% a decade ago. [CleanTechnica]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.