- “Consortium Unveils NY Offshore Wind Port Upgrade” • A New York consortium unveiled plans for an offshore wind hub in the state. A consultancy said its Port of Cortlandt site is one of eleven projects competing for up to $200 million in grants and loans funding to develop port infrastructure to help deliver New York’s 9-GW offshore wind target by 2035. [reNEWS]
- “Burlington YMCA’s Rooftop Solar To Provide 25% Of Energy Needs” • Encore Renewable Energy and the Greater Burlington YMCA announced the completion of a new rooftop solar array in downtown Burlington. The solar project is on a new YMCA facility that was built on a redeveloped property in downtown Burlington, Vermont. [Vermont Biz]
- “NIO Launches Battery-as-a-Service To Make EV Ownership Even Easier” • The battery is the most expensive component in an EV, so removing the battery from the initial purchase event makes electric vehicles more affordable for new owners. For NIO, leasing batteries is a new business line, and it makes NIO EVs more affordable. [CleanTechnica]
- “News From The SUN DAY Campaign” • According to a review by the SUN DAY Campaign of data just released by the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, renewable energy sources, including biomass, geothermal, hydropower, solar, and wind, dominated new US electrical generating capacity additions in the first half of 2020. [Green Energy Times]
- “Chicago Urban Farming Project To Use Anaerobic Digestion To Mitigate Food Waste, Produce Renewable Energy” • Illinois Gov JB Pritzker joined Chicago-based Green Era to announce a $3 million state investment that will help transform a vacant brownfield parcel into a new Green Era Urban Farming Campus on Chicago’s South Side. [Waste Today Magazine]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.