- “A 13-GW Renewable Energy Project Will Benefit Jammu and Kashmir” • Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha Friday said that the 13-GW renewable energy project approved by the cabinet would benefit Jammu and Kashmir, along with other parts of the country. The government is uninterrupted and reliable power supply to the people. [Greater Kashmir]
- “Australia’s Main Grid Hits New Renewable Energy Record – On Another Weekday” • Australia’s main grid set a record for renewable energy production on Friday, for the second time in the week, with a peak of 71.3%, according to the Australian Energy Market Operator. The record was set over a 30-minute trading period ending at noon. [Renew Economy]
- “Colorado Adopts Clean Cars Standards, But Leaves Benefits On The Table” • In a win for the climate, public health, and residents’ pocketbooks, Colorado officials adopted a Clean Cars policy, ensuring that its people will have access to more electric and hybrid vehicles. By 2032, 82% of new vehicles sold in the state must be plug-in types. [CleanTechnica]
- “Siemens-Led Group Completes Test of 100% Renewable Hydrogen in Gas Turbine” • A consortium that includes Siemens Energy and ENGIE said it completed what the group called the world’s first operational test of a gas turbine fueled with 100% renewable hydrogen. The hydrogen is produced by a 1-MW electrolyzer at the site. [POWER Magazine]|
- “Grain Belt Express Transmission Line Nears Final Approval” • The Grain Belt Express was stalled with regulatory battles and legal challenges for over a decade. Now one of the last hurdles has been cleared, as the Missouri Public Service Commission dropped its objections after the developer agreed to deliver half of the electricity to Missouri. [CleanTechnica]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.