- “Buchan Offshore Wind Files Scottish Floater Report” • Buchan Offshore Wind has submitted its Offshore Scoping Report to the Scottish Government’s Marine Directorate.The Scoping Report has details of the planned project, which will be located off the Aberdeenshire Coast 75 km northeast of Fraserburgh and have a capacity of around 1 GW. [reNews]
- “Tesla Supercharging Not Harmful To Batteries After All!” • For many years now, it has been advised not to fast charge electric vehicles too often, that doing so could lead to rapid degradation of your EV’s battery. Some people, including Tesla CEO Elon Musk, have advised that it’s not such a big deal. Recent research shows that is indeed the case! [CleanTechnica]
- “Saltwater Is ‘Winning’: Why Low Water Levels Have Grown Into A Huge Problem For The New Orleans Area” • Hurricanes have always been threats. But as drought grows in the Central US and sea level rises, a formerly unusual emergency is becoming more frequent: saltwater is infecting drinking water in cities on the Mississippi River. [CNN]
- “Phoenix Has Driest Monsoon Season Since Weather Service Began Record-Keeping In 1895” • The National Weather Service said the monsoon season this year in Phoenix had only 0.15 inches (.38 cm) of rainfall from June 15 to September 30. That’s the driest since the agency began keeping records in 1895. The previous mark was 0.35 inches in 1924. [ABC News]
- “Vestas Adds Extra 1.2 GW Of Orders To End Third Quarter” • Vestas has signed deals to supply an additional 1220 MW of onshore and offshore wind turbines to projects across Europe and the US. The company secured a 960-MW order for 64 wind turbines, each 15.0 MW, for EnBW’s He Dreiht offshore wind project in the German North Sea. [reNews]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.