- “Rise Of Wooden Towers: A Green Solution For Wind Turbines” • Swedish startup Modvion AB is revolutionizing the wind turbine industry by building towers made of wood instead of steel. This innovative approach aims to reduce the carbon footprint of wind power by over 90%. The world’s tallest wooden turbine tower is currently under construction. [EnergyPortal.eu]
- “Nissan: No New ICE Cars For Europe, All-EV By 2030” • In a recent press release, Nissan announced that starting now, there will be no new combustion-powered vehicle models for the market, and by 2030, the company wants all new Nissans to be “100% electric.” We can take a quick look at the announcement and review what it means. [CleanTechnica]
- “New Study Definitively Confirms Gulf Stream Weakening” • The Gulf Stream transport of water through the Florida Straits has slowed by 4% over the past four decades, according to a study published in Geophysical Research Letters. The study says there is a 99% certainty that this weakening is more than expected from random chance. [CleanTechnica]
- “Warren Buffett Plans To Invest $3.9 Billion In Wind And Solar Power Projects” • Warren Buffett, the renowned chairman of Berkshire Hathaway, is set to make a substantial commitment to allocating $3.9 billion toward wind and solar power projects. And two promising startups share similar trajectories of innovation and potential. [Yahoo Finance]
- “Governor McKee Announces Opportunity To Bring 1200 MW Of New Offshore Wind to Rhode Island” • Governor Dan McKee announced that Rhode Island Energy, the state’s leading energy utility, will be issuing a new Request for Proposals to solicit about 1200 MW of new offshore wind to help power the state’s clean energy needs. [Governor Dan McKee]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.