- “There’s No Reason To Keep Riding A Gas Price Rollercoaster” • A recent article at USA Today tells the woeful tale of gas prices rising, again. This year has been a tough one for people at the gas pumps. We could say, ‘I told you so!’ But instead, let’s look at how bad it is, and what’s behind the rising gas prices, and then look at some ideas to save gas. [CleanTechnica]
- “Rooftop Solar Alone provides 101% Of South Australia’s Electricity” • South Australia at one point supplied 114% of its electricity from rooftop solar. Some power inputs had to be switched off or the the excess exported, or stored in the state’s 150-MW battery. As of early July 2023, the state had 379,860 rooftop solar systems. [Informed Comment]
- “Residents Prepare To Return To Sites Of Homes Demolished In Lahaina Wildfire” • Authorities will begin allowing the first residents and property owners to return to their properties in Lahaina’s fire zone, many for the first time since it burned down nearly seven weeks ago, on August 8, by the deadliest US wildfire in more than a century. [ABC News]
- “Aroostook Wind Megaproject Is First In Maine To Need Legislative Approval. It Got It Upfront.” • LS Power asked the Maine Legislature in March to approve a transmission project, and by June they received it. The approval was required under provisions of the citizen initiative that had aimed, unsuccessfully, to derail another project. [Bangor Daily News]
- “Pepsi Isn’t The Only Company Hauling Sodas With Electric Trucks” • In some ways, electric trucks form a corner of the EV industry where it’s possible to be ahead of Tesla. Not only can other truck makers do this, but a recent partnership between Volvo and Coca-Cola Canada shows that there’s competition among soda brands, too! [CleanTechnica]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.