- “Installation Of Turbine Twice The Height Of London Eye Begins At World’s Largest Offshore Wind Farm” • Wind turbines, each of 13 MW, are being installed 80 miles off the Yorkshire coast at the Dogger Bank Wind Farm. The work is being done by the largest jack-up turbine installation vessel, a Jan de Nul’s ship with a lifting capacity of 3,200 tonnes. [Marine Insight]
- “Pension Wealth In Peril!” • A recent Carbon Tracker report alerts us to the possibility that Pension wealth appears to be in Peril. The report, Loading the Dice against Pension Funds, says that the global financial system is in danger of having to support the stranded assets of fossil fuel companies as national economies go green. [CleanTechnica]
- “Winter Heatwave In Andes Is A Sign Of Things To Come, Scientists Warn” • The record-breaking winter heatwave in the Andean mountains of South America has surged to 37°C (98.6°F), prompting local scientists to warn the worst may be yet to come as human-caused climate disruption and El Niño cause havoc across the region. [The Guardian]
- “South Africa Imported $1.1 Billion (4.4 GWh) Of Lithium-Ion Cells And Batteries In First Six Months Of 2023!” • According to Gaylor Montmasson-Clair. South Africa imported $1.1 billion of lithium-ion cells and batteries in just the first six months of 2023! This a big jump from the $0.7 billion worth of cells and batteries imported in the whole of 2022. [CleanTechnica]
- “A Proposed ‘Battle Plan’ For The Next Republican Presidency Includes Eliminating A Biden-Era Clean Energy Act That Has Funneled Hundreds Of Billions To Primarily Red States” • Red states like Oklahoma and Texas are the biggest beneficiaries of the Inflation Reduction Act, but such conservative groups as the Heritage Foundation oppose it. [Business Insider]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.