- “Taking Flight With The Candela C-8” • The Candela C-8 is finally available for customers to purchase. Instead of a loud, inefficient combustion engine, the Candela C-8 has a torpedo-shaped C-Pod motor assembly. It is lifted out of the water on the hydrofoils for a smoother ride and around 80% less drag. It’s is super fast and super quiet. [CleanTechnica]
- “IEA And Oilprice.com See Peak Oil Happening This Decade” • Back in 2019 the International Energy Agency said it could see no sign of “peak oil” coming any time soon. In June, the IEA took another look into the future and announced “peak oil” was in fact on the horizon. Now, Oilprice.com said they expect demand for fossil fuels to peak in 2027. [CleanTechnica]
- “Why Electric Car Tech Could Drive Down Power Prices” • What if every light in your home along with your television, computer, smartphone, swimming pool, and all cleaning, cooking, and cooling appliances could be powered by one source? And what if that source was the battery on wheels you parked in your garage each night? [The Driven]
- “Updated 2023 Atlantic Hurricane Season Outlook Increases Prediction To ‘Above Normal’ Level Of Activity” • Due to current ocean and atmospheric conditions, including record-warm sea surface temperatures, NOAA’s Climate Prediction Center has increased the prediction for the 2023 Atlantic hurricane season to an “above normal” level of activity. [CleanTechnica]
- “How Will EPA’s Proposed Power Plant Carbon Rule Impact Public Health?” • The US EPA has published a proposed rule that would limit carbon pollution from power plants burning fossil fuels, a move that is urgent, statutorily required, and long overdue. How does the power sector impact public health? “It’s all connected to fossil fuels.” [CleanTechnica]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.