- “Solar And Wind Power Now Producing More Electricity Than Fossil Fuels In EU!” • The EU has hit a crossover point. For the first time, solar power and wind power have combined for more electricity generation than fossil fuels in the EU. Last month, the two core renewables of the new clean energy era achieved that historic crossover point. [CleanTechnica]
- “EU To Try Again For Renewable Energy Deal After Nuclear Row” • EU countries will try to pass a deal on new renewable energy targets, which were stalled by concerns of France and other states that the law sidelines nuclear energy. The countries lodged last-minute opposition to the more ambitious EU goals for renewable energy last month. [The Star]
- “Hydrogen Can Make Global Heating Worse, CICERO Study Shows” • CICERO, a climate and environmental research center based in Oslo, has published a report that says while the use of hydrogen may result in no emissions, leakage from the hydrogen distribution system can be twelve times as destructive as carbon dioxide to the environment. [CleanTechnica]
- “Used Electric Car Prices Dropping” • With inflation, we have seen record high car prices, both for used cars and for new cars. This has especially been the case in the EV market. But at long last, prices have been dropping strongly in the used EV market. While used car prices were generally up slightly in the UK, used EV prices dropped by 18.6%. [CleanTechnica]
- “New Jersey Is Teaching Kids About Climate. Opponents Call It ‘Indoctrination.’” • New Jersey is the first state to adopt standards for learning about climate change in each grade, from K through 12, and across several different subjects. This year, the standards in some core subjects came up for revision. And with that, came controversy. [NJ Spotlight News]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.