- “Democrats Target House Republicans Who Voted To Repeal Climate Provisions Driving Billions Of Dollars Of Investments To Their Districts” • More than two dozen House Republicans who welcomed multi-million-dollar clean energy manufacturing investments in their districts voted to repeal the tax incentives that stimulated those very same projects. [CNN]
- “New Report Details Some Alarming Health Impact Of Climate Change On Children” • A report released this week by the EPA projects the devastating health impact of climate change on children. Effects include higher rates of respiratory disease, lower academic achievement, higher rates of infections and risk of housing insecurity in coastal cities. [1310 KFKA]
- “Life In The Ocean’s ‘Twilight Zone’ Could Disappear Due To The Climate Crisis” • One of Earth’s largest habitats could see its rich diversity of life reduced by the end of the century due to the climate crisis. The ocean’s mesopelagic zone, also called the “twilight zone,” is located between 656 feet and 3,280 feet (200 meters to 1,000 meters) below the surface. [CNN]
- “Texas Continues Its Attack On EVs, Now With A $200 Annual Fee On Them” • “Giga Texas” is to be one of the world’s largest EV factories, and Tesla’s global headquarters are in Texas. But the state doesn’t allow Tesla to operate stores there, and to give Tesla just a little more thanks, Texas is going to slap a $200 annual fee on EV owners. [CleanTechnica]
- “California Reaches EV Sales Goal Two Years Early” • Data published by the California Energy Commission show that the state’s buyers have purchased over 1.5 million EVs since 2011, The Mercury News reports. The figure marks a key EV milestone target set in 2012, which has now been reached two years earlier than the goal’s initial target. [CleanTechnica]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.