- “The Economic Case For Renewable Energy” • Energy security is a pressing issue of our time. Without energy security, we can forget prosperity. The power outages that Bangladesh has gone through recently may have resulted from market volatility, but they did give a glimpse of what may come if Bangladesh does not secure its energy supply. [The Daily Star]
- “Costa Rica Reached Highest EV Market Share In The Americas In 2022” • Costa Rica retained its leadership position within the Latin American region in 2022 with a record market share of 7.3% for the all-electric light passenger vehicle segment. In fact, Costa Rica ranked as the country with the highest market share for the BEV segment in the Americas. [CleanTechnica]
- “Sixth Warmest January On Record In Lower 48” • This January was the warmest on record in seven states, including all of New England. It was also the sixth warmest on record for the Lower 48 states. Five of the six warmest Januaries in the US have occurred since 1990. We have entered a new chapter in the climate and ecological crisis. [Augusta Free Press]
- “How Climate’s Future Could Impact New York’s History” • Across the state, extreme weather, including hurricanes, rising sea levels and the heat island effect, are changing the way people live. But the impacts of climate change will also affect economies and culture, prompting NYSERDA to do a two-year assessment of the state’s future. [Times Union]
- “Gas Stove Culture War Boils Over: What Did The Industry Know, And When Did They Know It?” • After a study found connections between use of natural gas stoves and childhood asthma, it was denounced by the gas industry. But it turns out that the gas industry had investigated the possibility and found the connection fifty years ago. [CleanTechnica]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.