- “Sun Day Campaign EIA Data Review Shows US Renewable Energy Generation Grew By 8.3% In 2022” • According to a review by the Sun Day Campaign of data recently released by the US Energy Information Administration, renewable energy sources provided 12.99% of the nation’s total energy production in 2022. [Renewable Energy Magazine]
- “Record Level Of Renewable Electricity Generated In Scotland During 2022” • Renewable electricity generation reached record levels in Scotland during 2022. Over the year, total of 35.3 TWh was generated, up 28.1% on 2021 and an increase of 9.8% from 2020 – the previous record year. The rise was mainly driven by increased onshore wind generation. [insider.co.uk]
- “They’re Drilling For Liquid Gold In Texas, But This Time It Isn’t Oil – It’s Lithium!” • If you see a drilling rig going up in Texas, it’s easy to assume that it must have something to do with oil and gas production. But some drilling rigs in east Texas are helping provide the lithium clean technologies like electric cars and home energy storage need. [CleanTechnica]
- “Industrial Heat Will Decarbonize With Electricity Instead Of Molecules. Here Is Why” • Electrification with resistance is usually more efficient for high temperatures. Burning fossil fuels creates a lot of waste heat. If a process needs 10 MW of heat provided by natural gas, often only 5 MW of electricity is needed to replace it. [CleanTechnica]
- “Weichai’s Electric Trucks Will Use BYD’s Blade Battery” • BYD’s revolutionary LFP Blade Battery has been instrumental in boosting production and sales of BYD’s battery EVs as well as its “Super Hybrid” DM-i and DM-p plug-in hybrids. BYD sales have been growing rapidly, but the company is also offering its Blade Battery to other OEMs. [CleanTechnica]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.