- “Why Republicans Are Spreading The Lie That Whales Are Being Killed By Wind Farms” • On February 19, 2023, hundreds of protesters filled the boardwalk in Point Pleasant Beach, New Jersey. Their cause was ostensibly to protect the whales. The protest is not supported by science. But it is supported by some oil-industry interests. [Salon.com]
- “Study: Heat Pumps Are Two To Three Times Cheaper Than Green Hydrogen In Europe” • A study, published in the academic journal Energy Conversion and Management found that replacing natural gas in homes with green hydrogen would cost about two to three times more than replacing the natural gas with electric heat pumps. [CleanTechnica]
- “Californians Snow-Stranded As Twisters Hit Texas And Louisiana” • Snow-stranded Californians in mountain areas are desperately digging out after a “once-in-a-generation” winter storm, even as more snow was forecast for the weekend. In the latest US wild weather, twisters touched down at the same time, in Texas and Louisiana. [BBC]
- “Climate Advocates Are Rallying Against The Willow Project. The White House Is Eyeing Concessions To Soften The Blow” • Just days before the Biden administration releases its first major oil drilling project decision, the White House indicated it may reduce the scope of the controversial project. It is criticised by climate advocates fiercely. [CNN]
- “More than 200 Deals Power A 24.5-GW Corporate Renewable Capacity Surge In 2022” • Renewable energy capacity contracted by US corporations soared 45% in the past 12 months. S&P Global Commodity Insights found that all business sectors being tracked boosted their green energy portfolio markedly, with increases ranging from 16% to 79%. [S&P Global]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.