- “Ski Resorts Embracing Climate Activist Role” • Ski resorts have tiny greenhouse of the gas emissions, but they have an outsized influence on popular culture and in the business world. Some resorts are going beyond reducing their own emissions to leverage their influence to shift public opinion and advocate for climate legislation. [The Times Leader]
- “India Can Achieve Energy Independence By 2047 Through Clean Technology: Study” • India can achieve its vision of energy independence by 2047, according to a study titled “Pathways to Atmanirbhar Bharat,” by the US DOE’s Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory. One benefit is $2.5 trillion in consumer savings through 2047. [CleanTechnica]
- “The President Miscalculates On Climate Change” • Running for president, Joe Biden promised, “No more drilling on federal lands, period. Period, period, period.” No matter how he tries to sell his approval of the Willow project, an $8 billion plan to extract 600 million barrels of oil from federal land in Alaska, he looks like a hypocrite. [The Register-Herald]
- “Airlines Downplayed Science On Climate Impact To Block New Regulations” • Airlines have been accused of using a “typical climate denialist” strategy after downplaying decades of scientific research on aviation emissions to block tougher regulations. Campaigners said the lobbying tactics echoed those of the 20th century tobacco industry. [openDemocracy]
- “Texas Leads The Country In Combined Wind And Solar Renewable Energy” • Texans take a certain pride in their state. Texans who work to save the planet take pride that Texas leads the country in generating renewable energy, according to a report issued by the US Energy Information Administration. Not California. Texas. [KXAN]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.