- “Aptera Reveals Launch Edition EV” • Aptera held a live online event where the company revealed the Launch Edition version of its three-wheeled solar-powered car. There are some really cool things about the final design, but also some downsides early adopters will face. You can see the event yourself or read a recap and commentary. [CleanTechnica]
- “This ‘Floating City’ Concept Could Be The Answer To Climate Change” • This ‘floating city’ concept could house up to 50,000 people and be powered by 100% renewable energy. The living spaces are all connected by walkways, airways, and waterways. Take a look at its vertical gardens and 25 acres of interconnected social spaces. [Business Insider India]
- “‘Climate Deniers Are Victims Not Villains’ – A Psychologist’s Guide To Winning Them Over” • Climate denial comes from different kinds of people. Some are angry because they believe the fossil fuels interests. But the average climate dismissive is not an evil business mogul looking to squeeze all possible profit from the world before it burns. [Euronews]
- “Dolphins Make A Splash In New York City’s Bronx River” • Dolphins are swimming in New York City’s Bronx River for the first time in over five years. “It’s true – dolphins were spotted in the Bronx River this week!” wrote the Parks Department. “This is great news – it shows that the decades-long effort to restore the river as a healthy habitat is working.” [CNN]
- “This Butterfly Was Once Thought Extinct. Now It’s Off The Endangered Species List” • Fender’s blue butterfly has fluttered away from the brink of extinction. The species, once so rare it was thought to be extinct, is no longer considered endangered. The US Fish and Wildlife Service is reclassifying the species from “endangered” to “threatened.” [CNN]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.