- “Renewables Providing Nearly A Quarter Of US Electricity In 2022” • US renewable energy sources provided almost 23% of the nation’s electrical generation during the first three-quarters of 2022, according to a report by the SUN DAY Campaign, which reviewed data released the day before Thanksgiving by the US Energy Information Administration. [reNews]
- “Vermont’s Climate Plan Is Built On A Foundation Made Of Paper” • Vermont has a plan to combat climate change. But the plan rests on a foundation of paper because Vermont’s most consequential energy policy papers over our region’s fossil use and does not move the needle when it comes to making our region’s power supply more renewable. [VTDigger]
- “Rolls-Royce Tests A Jet Engine Running On Hydrogen” • Rolls-Royce is putting a small aircraft jet engine through tests that could one day lead to huge changes within the aviation industry. The engine itself is almost completely conventional. But this is the first time a modern aircraft engine has ever been run on hydrogen. [BBC]
- “Demonstrating The Micro Power Of Hydrogen” • Denham, a small coastal town in Western Australia, 820 km north of Perth, has the attention of the country as it trials a renewable hydrogen microgrid. The microgrid, believed to be one of the first of its kind worldwide, this month began producing hydrogen in the community. [Cosmos Magazine]
- “Russian Attacks On Energy Grid Amount To Genocide, Says Ukraine” • Russia’s attacks on Ukrainian energy infrastructure amount to genocide, the Ukrainian prosecutor-general told the BBC. Millions of Ukrainian people face power cuts in freezing weather, following sustained Russian attacks. Strikes on key facilities targeted “the full Ukrainian nation.” [BBC]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.