- “India’s First Solar-Powered Village Promotes Green Energy, Sustainability And Self-Reliance” • During his two-day visit to India this week, UN Secretary-General António Guterres visited a model project site in Gujarat state, designated the country’s first solar-powered village. He commended villagers there on the shift towards renewable energy. [UN News]
- “Bureau Of Meteorology Was ‘Cowering In The Corner’ On Climate Crisis: Former Staff” • Australia’s Bureau of Meteorology was accused of “cowering in the corner” on the climate crisis, with current and former staff describing a conservative culture that left the Australian public poorly informed. The bureau was accused of havin a toxic workplace. [The Guardian]
- “Massive Russian Strikes Target Energy Grid” • Russia has launched a “new massive strike” targeting Ukraine’s energy grid, Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky said. He said the attacks were on a “very wide” scale, hitting Ukraine’s regions in the west, centre, south and east. Nearly 1.5 million households were without electricity. [BBC]
- “Major Storm Is Bringing Early-Season Snow To The Western US This Weekend” • A major storm system is bringing early-season snow, heavy rain and severe thunderstorms to the US this weekend and into early next week. It begins in the western US this weekend, bringing with it the first significant snowfall of the season to the Intermountain West. [CNN]
- “TeraWatt Plans High Power Charging Corridor From Long Beach To El Paso” • TeraWatt Infrastructure, the EV charging company, has raised a billion dollars from investors in its initial funding round. It plans to use that money to build and operate charging centers for heavy duty electric trucks on Interstate 10 from California to Texas. [CleanTechnica]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.