- “Last Gasp For Mountain Valley Pipeline Natural Gas Project” • Natural gas stakeholders thought they had the Mountain Valley Pipeline in the bag. Federal legislation that would have cleared the way for it and other fossil energy projects was cut from a spending bill by its own sponsor, Senator Joe Manchin. This should be a warning on fossil fuels. [CleanTechnica]
- “Hurricane Ian’s Rainfall Was A 1-In-1,000 Year Event For The Hardest-Hit Parts Of Florida” • Hurricane Ian slammed into the Gulf Coast of Florida on Wednesday with record-breaking storm surge and devastating winds. But as it tracked inland, extreme rainfall became the most destructive aspect of the storm for central Florida. [CNN]
- “Fraunhofer ISE Doubles Production Speed Of Silicon Wafers For Solar Panels” • Working with a consortium of companies and research organizations, Fraunhofer ISE devised an innovative production line that can produce 15,000 to 20,000 silicon wafers per hour. That is about double the output of most production lines in use today. [CleanTechnica]
- “The US Plan To Power 100% Of Its Flights With Renewable Jet Fuel” • This month, the US DOE released a roadmap on how to achieve carbon-neutral aviation emissions. The Sustainable Aviation Fuel Grand Challenge Roadmap outlines steps to meet 100% of the domestic aviation fuel demand with sustainable fuel by 2050. [Oil Price]
- “Burlington Electric Issues RFP To Replace Expiring Renewable Energy Sources” • Burlington Electric Department issued a request for proposals for renewable energy resources to ensure that it can continue to source 100% of its power from renewable generation. BED has contracts that will be expiring in the next two to five years. [Vermont Business Magazine]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.