- “Why Electric Airplanes Are Taking Off At Flight Schools” • Air travel has been slow to transition to clean energy, but the next generation of aviators need not wait for commercial airlines to move away from fossil fuels. The Velis Electro, the world’s only electric plane fully certified in the EU and the UK, is taking off as a greener option for trainee pilots. [CNN]
- “Russia’s Stranglehold On The World’s Nuclear Power Cycle – Analysis” • Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy called on the international community to ban Russian nuclear technology. However, blocking and replacing Russia’s exports of uranium, reactors, and nuclear technology to the rest of the world is easier said than done. [Eurasia Review]
- “UN Experts Make First Inspection At Zaporizhzhia Nuclear Plant” • UN nuclear experts have made their first inspection of the Russian-held Zaporizhzhia power plant in Ukraine and are to maintain a presence there. International Atomic Energy Agency chief Rafael Grossi said the “plant and physical integrity of the plant” had been “violated several times”. [BBC]
- “Questions About IRA Benefits? Rewiring America Has The Answers” • Rewiring America has an online tool that lists all the incentives and tax credits available in the Inflation Reduction Act. The law, popularly known as the IRA, has an amazing number of provisions that can help people decarbonize their lives and save money doing it. [CleanTechnica]
- “Record Numbers Of Solar Panels Were Shipped In The US During 2021” • US shipments of solar PV modules rose to a record electricity-generating capacity of 28.8 million peak kW in 2021, from 21.8 million peak kW in 2020, based on data from our Annual Photovoltaic Module Shipments Report. Solar module shipments were 80% imports. [CleanTechnica]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.