- “The Arctic Circle: A New Frontier For Sustainable Wine” • In recent years, heat waves, drought, and smoke from wildfires have been wreaking havoc on European vineyards. It is increasingly difficult to produce the same legacy wines that producers have been making for centuries. Now there are vineyards in Sweden, and they are starting to be productive. [BBC]
- “DuPont Commits To Using Renewable Energy Across All Its Global Operations” • Industrial giant DuPont says it is committed to using renewable energy across all its operations worldwide. As a step towards that goal, DuPont has joined RE100, a global environmental initiative committed to making the shift to 100% renewable energy. [Robotics & Automation News]
- “California Legislators Advance Plan To Extend Nuke Plant Run” • The California Legislature approved Governor Gavin Newsom’s blueprint to extend the lifespan of the state’s last operating nuclear power plant by up to five years, after he warned the state could face rolling blackouts if its twin reactors were retired too soon. [WHEC.com]
- “Horizon Power Secures Land To Take Goldfields Town To 100% Renewables” • Western Australia’s regional utility Horizon Power is seeking to shift the northern Goldfields town of Menzies to 100% renewables. Menzies is one of 32 remote communities served by HP microgrids. Most are diesel powered, but they are all turning to renewables. [One Step Off The Grid]
- “Ten Big Cleantech Benefits In Inflation Reduction Act” • The Inflation Reduction Act of 2022 has been the story of the quarter in the cleantech world. It covers a wide array of topics. Solar power giant SunPower came up with a list of 10 things in the Inflation Reduction Act that can “change your home and fill your wallet.” Here is a look at them. [CleanTechnica]
- “Toyota To Invest $5.3 Billion In US Manufacturing, $2.5 Billion In NC” • The world’s largest automaker announced plans to invest more than $5.3 billion into manufacturing in the US and Japan to increase its EV production capacity, with up to $2.5 billion earmarked to expand Toyota’s North Carolina plant and add up to 350 new jobs by 2025. [CleanTechnica]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.