- “From Melting Glaciers To Cloudbursts – How Climate Change Is Impacting Kashmir” • Glaciers in the Kashmir area are melting at an unusual pace, posing a big threat to the environment as well as to the people in the region, a study shows. Heat records are being shattered, even as frequencies of rainfalls, hailstorms, and flashfloods are on rise. [Zee News]
- “Why The International Climate Community Isn’t Popping Champagne Over The US Energy Bill” • While the energy bill is welcomed overseas, there’s an overarching feeling that the US is simply catching up to its allies after years of inaction. Pressure has also increased for the US to take financial responsibility for its historic role in the crisis. [CNN]
- “How The Climate Bill Could Save You Money On Electricity, Cars And Appliances” • With nearly $370 billion for energy and incentives, the energy bill is the largest climate investment in US history. In addition to emissions reductions, there’s a lot in the bill that could change both how Americans power their homes and what kinds of vehicles they drive. [CNN]
- “Report: Clean Energy Jobs Benefitting Every State” • As the Congress prepares to vote on the Inflation Reduction Act and the biggest investments in clean energy in US history, a report shows that every state benefits from clean energy job growth, regardless of politics, geography, or geology. Some red states are among those with the biggest gains. [CleanTechnica]
- “New BMW I4 EDrive35 Starts At $51,400” • BMW at long last brought another fully electric car to market, the i4. It is bringing a new version of the i4 to market in the US that offers a lower entry price. Instead of the previous low price of $55,300, the starting MSRP of the new trim is $51,400 (plus $995 destination and handling) in the US. [CleanTechnica]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.
Leave a Reply