- “Greener Pastures: Can Ancient Eco-Engineering Help Fix Our Degraded Landscapes?” • Land management is one of the key issues facing the planet in the 21st century. As a result of climate change droughts are becoming longer and more intense and severe flooding is getting worse. But the land can be restored by use of old techniques. [CNN]
- “UK Heatwave: Hottest Day On Record Likely With Highs Of Up To 42°C” • The UK’s current record high temperature of 38.7°C (101.7°F) was set in 2019. A high of 38.1°C was reached in Suffolk on Monday, but it is getting hotter. The UK is set to see its hottest day on record, with temperatures on Tuesday expected to reach up to 42°C (107.6°F). [BBC]
- “Hot Records Are Outpacing Cool By More Than 10-To-1 This Year As Europe And US Brace For Dangerous Heat” • Records for high temperatures are far outpacing cool records worldwide this year as Europe and the US brace again for dangerous heat waves. Globally, 188 all-time heat records were broken this year versus 18 records for cold weather. [CNN]
- “Bernie Sanders Just Accused Joe Manchin Of ‘Intentionally Sabotaging’ Joe Biden’s Agenda” • As West Virginia Senator Joe Manchin plays for more time to consider a climate and tax legislative package, his colleagues are venting their frustrations with him and his tactics. Vermont Senator Bernie Sanders made a statement that reflects this. [CNN]
- “US Senate Democrats Urge Biden To Declare Climate Emergency” • Two US Senate Democrats, Sheldon Whitehouse and Jeff Merkley, urged President Joe Biden to declare a climate emergency and use the Defense Production Act to ramp up production of a wide range of renewable energy products and systems including solar panels. [MSN]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.