- “Solectrac Partners With Nolan Manufacturing To Produce More Electric Tractors” • Solectrac, based in Northern California, makes battery-electric tractors for farming and utility operations. Solectrac announced it has entered into a partnership with Nolan Manufacturing to begin producing its battery-electric tractors in a facility in North Carolina. [CleanTechnica]
- “Biden Vows To Use Executive Action After Manchin Torpedoes Climate Agenda” • After Senator Joe Manchin dealt a devastating blow to Democrats’ hopes for sweeping legislative action this year, President Joe Biden vowed to take “strong executive action” in response. The president aims toward writing broad climate action and tax legislation. [CNN]
- “Extreme Heat Is Getting Worse” • Duke Energy announced a summertime record for electric use in North Carolina and South Carolina on June 15, 2022. That was six days before summer started. With climate change, the number of annual heat waves in the US increasing from two per year in the 1960s to six per year during the 2010s. [NC State News]
- “Hypothetical Weather Forecast For 2050 Is Coming True Next Week” • Two years ago, UK Met Office scientists tried a thought experiment to project what our forecasts will look like in 2050. “Not actual weather forecast,” they said. “Examples of plausible weather based on climate projections.” Well, on Monday and Tuesday, it’s here, 28 years early. [CNN]
- “Russian Forces Accused Of Storing Weapons In Nuclear Plant” • Russia is using Europe’s largest nuclear power plant as a base to store weapons, including missile systems, and to shell nearby areas in Ukraine, an official with Kyiv’s nuclear agency said. The nuclear plant has been under Russian control since the early weeks of Moscow’s invasion. [The Guardian]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.