- “Green Hydrogen In Play For Airbus Hydrogen Hub Scheme” • Airbus has just signed an agreement with the global industrial gas firm Linde to help carry out a plan to develop hydrogen hubs at airports around the world. There are different ways to bring this about, including some that are entirely free of all polluting emissions. [CleanTechnica]
- “No Miracle Tech Needed: How To Switch To Renewables Now And Lower Costs Doing It” • The world is seeing unprecedented fuel price increases, energy blackmail between countries, up to 7 million air pollution deaths per year and one climate-related disaster after another. But a Stanford report says the issues can be addressed at low cost using available resources. [The Hill]
- “European Council Reaches Agreement On Its Renewable Energy Directive” • The European Council agreed to set a new binding EU-wide target of 40% of energy coming from renewable sources in the overall energy mix by 2030, up from the previous 32% target. Energy production and use account for 75% of the EU’s emissions, the EC said. [PV Tech]
- “Fossil Fuel Industry Cut Jobs In 2021 Despite Growth In Production, DOE Reports” • Jobs in the renewable energy sector grew in 2021, but fossil fuel employment declined, even as fossil fuel production increased, a DOE report says. EV and hybrid sectors showed a “whopping” 25% job growth. Jobs for fossil fuel extraction declined by 12%. [CNN]
- “McKee Signs Bill For RI To Reach All-Renewable Electricity By 2033” • Rhode Island Gov Dan McKee is to sign a bill that will require 100% of Rhode Island’s electricity be offset by renewable production by 2033, a spokesperson from McKee’s office said. The bill codifies a similar executive order signed by former Gov Gina Raimondo in January 2021. [Patch]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.