- “Natural Beauty And Renewable Energy Source Are Being Threatened” • Vermont’s Green River Reservoir State Park is threatened. The Vermont Agency of Natural Resources ordered Morrisville Water & Light, to reduce generation by about 30%. So the dam at the reservoir operates at a loss, and the electric utility has no choice but to remove it. [VTDigger]
- “NM’s Kit Carson Electric Cooperative Achieves 100% Daytime Solar Power” • The Kit Carson Electric Cooperative has achieved a milestone. Customers in their service area, around Taos and Santa Fe, New Mexico, will now have 100% of their daytime electric use provided by solar power. This was achieved with the opening of a 41-MW solar array. [CleanTechnica]
- “Biden Announces New Initiatives To Curb Methane During The Climate Conference” • Convening a meeting of over twenty of the world’s largest economies to discuss curbing methane emissions, President Joe Biden said Russia’s war in Ukraine shows that renewable energy is vital to national security as well as to preventing global warming. [Press TV]
- “GM Falls For Crazy Floating Wind Turbine Idea, May Not Be So Crazy After All” • General Motors has been deploying its GM Ventures arm to kickstart next-generation clean tech. The firm has spearheaded a round of up to $10 million in funding for a new floating wind turbine system that looks like a giant wall of fidget spinners. [CleanTechnica]
- “Methane-Based Gas Plant Explosion Sends Shockwaves Through Market” • The Freeport LNG export facility in Texas will be out of commission until September and will not be fully operational until late this year, the company said. An explosion at its Quintana Island liquefaction facility last week is having effects on global markets. [CleanTechnica]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.