- “Black Fire Becomes New Mexico’s Second Largest Fire In The State’s History” • Two wildfires – the Hermits Peak-Calf Canyon Fire just northeast of Santa Fe and the Black Fire in the Gila National Forest – are both burning at the present time. Each, by itself, is larger than the Whitewater-Baldy fire of 2012, which held the record as biggest. [CNN]
- “Biden Hydrogen Hub Program Doles Out Federal Dollars To Natural Gas Industry” • Recently, US President Joe Biden issued an executive order invoking the Defense Production Act to give a big boost to clean energy and lower carbon emissions in the US. Now it turns out a lot of funding for hydrogen is going to support getting it from natural gas. [CleanTechnica]
- “Artemis Puts The Electric Foil Concept To Work” • Artemis, based in Belfast, launched its “world’s first” commercially viable electric-foil workboat. It can cut through the waves at well over 30 knots and cover up to 60 nautical miles per charge. It uses an advanced “eFoiler” propulsion system that lifts the boat out of the water using twin T-foils. [CleanTechnica]
- “NSW Announces $1.2 Billion Investment In Renewable Energy” • The New South Wales government has announced its single biggest investment yet in renewable energy infrastructure, committing $1.2 billion to fast-track priority transmission and energy storage projects as the energy sector continues its rapid transformation. [pv magazine Australia]
- “US DOE Closes $504.4 Million Loan To Advanced Clean Energy Storage Project For Hydrogen Production And Storage” • Mitsubishi Power Americas and Magnum Development have announced getting a $504.4 million loan guarantee from the DOE’s Loan Programs Office for the world’s largest industrial green hydrogen facility. [Mitsubishi Power]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.
Leave a Reply