- “New Class Of Hydrogen Ship Design From C-Job” • C-Job Naval Architects designed a new class of liquid hydrogen tanker that may revolutionize the renewable energy market. The tanker concept, developed in partnership with LH2 Europe, is a critical element in realizing a green end-to-end liquid hydrogen supply chain. [Renewable Energy Magazine]
- “Tesla Now Makes More Money Than GM And Ford” • For the longest time, GM and Ford have been the kings of this industry, but that is no longer true. Tesla is now making more money than General Motors and Ford. An article in The Street highlighted this Tesla achievement, noting that the world leader in EVs is taking trophies GM and Ford used to win. [CleanTechnica]
- “Lake Powell Officials Take Unprecedented, Emergency Steps To Delay Water Releases As Level Plummets” • The federal government announced unprecedented steps to help boost water levels at Lake Powell. The measures are intended to buy the surrounding communities more time to plan for what happens if the reservoir runs out of water. [CNN]
- “Biden Admin: $3.16 Billion From Bipartisan Infrastructure Law To Boost Domestic And Battery Manufacturing” • The US DOE said that $3.1 billion from the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law will fund more batteries and components in America, bolster domestic supply chains, create good-paying jobs, and help lower costs for families. [CleanTechnica]
- “Study Finds Offshore Wind Could Drive Down Energy Costs In New England” • A new analysis led by North Carolina State University researchers found offshore wind power could help lower wholesale electricity prices on average for six states in New England, with relatively low risk of wind turbines failing during extreme winter storms. [CleanTechnica]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.