- “Europe Proposes Ban On Russian Coal Imports” • The EU is planning a new round of sanctions that includes a ban on Russian coal imports, and it’s also working on sanctions on Russian oil. The measures were announced by President Ursula von der Leyen of the European Commission. They still need approval of all 27 EU member states. [CNN]
- “The Fungi Cleaning New Delhi’s Air” • New Delhi is one of the world’s most polluted cities. Much of the pollution comes from burning agricultural waste. Pusa Decomposer, which is made up of seven different species of fungus naturally present in the soil, can be used to compost the waste in place, reducing pollution and improving the soil. [BBC]
- “Getting Electric Off The Ground With R&D: Analysis On Battery-Powered Electric Aircraft And Seacraft” • With growing success of R&D in preparing EVs for the road, NREL researchers are applying their expertise to non-road transportation modes. Like EVs, battery-powered aircraft and seacraft can decrease emissions, noise, and costs. [CleanTechnica]
- “Investment In Renewable Energy Can Deliver More Jobs Than Fossil Fuels, Report Finds” • Renewable energy has the potential to create three times as many jobs per million pounds invested compared to gas or coal power, while investment in energy efficiency can create five times as many, according to a report by the UK Energy Research Centre. [MSN]
- “Green Mountain Power Announces New LMI Community Solar Subscription Software Pilot” • LO3 Energy’s developed Pando, software allowing clean energy operators to offer new compensation models to optimize renewable energy assets. Green Mountain Power will use the softwar for a new “Sun Match” pilot for customers. [Solar Power World]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.
Leave a Reply